Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday Snapshots....my vacation continues...

Hello, Saturday.
I've had another busy week this week and have taken lots 
of snapshots so I could link up with my 
bestie Miss Nelson from Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera!
for Saturday Snapshots.
Want to see the beginnin' of my vacation?
Read here (Days 1-5), here (Days 6-9) and here (Day 10-15).


Day 16 Cali...we drove over to Pismo Beach.
We stayed in the same exact hotel that I used to stay in when 
I was younger.
Seriously...this is the view from the room.

Day 17 Cali...these are the stairs that I posted on Instagram.
What goes down...must go up...
or somethin' like that.
UGH...we had take a break...clearly I am out of shape
because I was out of breath goin' back up there.
Check out these cool lil' caves.  

Day 17 Cali continued...we had such a relaxin' day sittin' around
outside...by the pool durin' the day and by the fire pits at night.
They had about four different fire pits around the property.
Of course I had to test them all out to figure out
which was my favorite.

Day 17 Cali continued...Overall, Day 17 was my amazingness 
(Did you like that I used your word, Chelsea?)
Day 17 was also the day that I got to meet Kelly in real-life.
Read here to find out more about our fun time!

Day 18 Cali...we stuck around the hotel all day and then 
headed to F.McLintock's.
I remember fond memories from my childhood
of this restaurant.
One of the things I remember most was the waiter pourin' water
from high up over the table...into your glass.
This brave child let the waiter pour water into his glass...
blindfolded.   
My steak was YUM!

Day 19 Cali...Drove home from Pismo, hit 600 followers on Bloglovin'(WooHOO),
ate a healthy lunch and found some popcorn stickers at Dollar Tree...score!

Day 20 Cali...didn't really leave the house.  
Did find a random bottle of grapes hangin' out in the hallway.

Day 21 Cali...Nitty's memorial day.
Check out the Flipagram at the bottom for a slide show of the memorial.
A great big thank you to George and Pris for hostin' the dinner
at their house. It was a beautiful event and lots of people
that adored Nitty were able to make it.
We handed out dish cloths that she had crocheted.
Everyone loved them.

Day 22 Cali...a day filled with laziness and not leavin' the house.
I did celebrate my One Year Blogiversary and stayed in my 
pajamas until 7 p.m.
Read here to find out about that.

Day 23 Cali...had lunch at Tehama with mom and Pris.
There were deer all over the course yesterday...just hangin' out.
Check out the little baby with her mama.
Happy 4th of July.

Day 23 Cali continued...had dinner with the 'rents and their sweet friends.
We ate at Corkscrew Cafe in Carmel Valley.
We started outside in the cute garden seatin' area, but it was too chilly.
The food was delicious and the company was even better!

Day 23 Cali continued...They served the table with warm
bread, creamy goat cheese (no...I didn't eat that, Jivey), and 
roasted garlic to spread on the bread.
Mom and I split a yummy Pear salad with melted Gorgonzola cheese
and had a Meyer's Lemon pizza with prosciutto, arugula,
mozzarella and Parmesan.
This was place had the coolest atmosphere. 
I couldn't stop snappin' shots.

Day 23 Cali continued...went to Patria in Salinas to make 
reservations for dinner tonight and to check on some grapes.

The most important part of my week was this...turn your volume up.
Happy Saturday, friends!

19 comments :

  1. What a lucky find to have that bottle of grapes just hanging out in the hallway! I can't believe that boy let the waiter pour that water into his cup WHILE it was on his head. This sounds like such a fun place!
    xoxo
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of everywhere you are going and seeing! Your pictures are so awesome and it looks like you are having a blast. Your sweet video of the memorial dinner had me in tears. It looked like it turned out wonderful.

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the pictures! It looks like you are having a great time in CALI and eating lots of yummy food :)

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flipgram for the memorial dinner was awesome! Had me in tears. The pictures you are posting are making me super jelly... yet again! It looks like you are having such an amazing time, drinking wine, spending time with loved ones and eating some delicious food!!! :) Hope you had a great 4th!!!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Of course you made me cry again with your video. Hugs.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all of the pics from your vacation - it looks like you are having a blast! What a beautiful memorial to your grandmother! *TEARS* and internet hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your collages this week were great. I want some of the fresh healthy food. I also loved the flipagram of the memorial. What a beautiful way to honor and remember Nitty. Those flowers were so pretty. I know she is smiling down. Miss you sweet friend. Get home because we have some work to do .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving all of your pictures of your vacation. I could not watch the memorial because I am already too emotional today - I will have to come back to this post. It does seem like you visit a lot of restaurants - I am very jealous of that!! Enjoy your last week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a blast on your vacation! Congrats on 600 followers on Bloglovin'! I'm still aiming for 100!
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! I am having a blast. I'll be sad to leave in a few days.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely week you had! That pizza sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's crazy how much your blog has grown in a year! You are absolutely THE BEST about leaving comments AND replying to all your comments. Congrats on your new milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on 7 years in blogging!! That's great!! Your trip looks so fun .. and like you had lots of delicious food (always the best part of a vaca)!

    SOOTHE Her Soul

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've had such a lovely time on vacation and I bet your kind of dreading pulling yourself away from beautiful Cali! Nitty's memorial dinner looked lovely, I'm sure she was smiling at all of you and enjoying her own tasty treats up in heaven. Love ya girlie!!!
    Erin

    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet video. I am way jealous of all the beach time. It looks fantastic!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  15. So love all your pictures. McLintocks is one of my faves...my kids always love the water pouring...lol. The flipgram for Nitty was beautiful, you did a fabulous job and I am sure she would be very proud of you.

    XXOO
    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your memorial flipgram for your Nitty was beautiful. I'm sure she is looking down on you with a lot of love! Your photos of Pismo Beach are making me miss home! I used to love gallivanting around that area. Amazingness!! Whoohoo! If enough people start using it I'm sure it will end up in the next version of the dictionary. If hashtag and selfie made the 2014 version, amazingness has to make the 2015 version! I love that you were able to meet up with a blogging friend! It is awesome how this world of blogging has connected so many of us! Safe travels home.
    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet flipgram.

    Man, you've been a busy lady on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved all the pictures!! Seems like your days have been filled with lots of fun! The video was so sweet!! Hope you had a blast!! PS I spotted palazzo pants!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!