Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunshine Blogger Award...

Yippee!  
I was nomiated for the 
Sunshine Blogger Award from 
Jamie from
I like sunshine and Jamie...so
this is right up my alley.


The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself

2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you

3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world

4. Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.

My 11 Random Facts: 
1) Mashed potatoes are my favorite food.  If you feed me mashed potatoes you will have made a friend for life.

2) I drink entirely too much caffeine.  I am not a morning person, so it's safe to say that it's better for people to keep a safe distance until I've had some(one lucky student fetches me a Diet Coke Diet Green Tea every single mornin' when they see me come around the corner).


3) I teach next door to my very best friend.  We have an accordion wall between us and we keep it cracked open pretty far each day(sometimes all the way) because we have separation anxiety when it is closed(we teach different grade levels and collaborate with one another and the students as much as possible).



4) I live with my other best friend who I also teach with.  We watch a lot of Bravo TV shows together and like to gossip about anything and everything under the sun.



5) I'm an only, lonely child and if you can't figure that out in the first five minutes of meetin' me...there is somethin' wrong.  I can entertain myself for hours(even days) without any other human contact.



6) I love to read. You can always find me in a quiet spot readin' an actual book or my Kindle. I have been known to stay up all night because I can't put a book down.



7) I can be VERY grumpy if I haven't gotten enough sleep.  I truly enjoy takin' naps after school and can still go to sleep at night without any problems.  I love summers because I'm a night owl.  My dream job would be to get paid to sleep.



8) I love music! I'm vain and think every song is about ME!
9) I'm the only person in my family that doesn't have a Southern accent.  There are 80+ people on both sides of my family. 



10) I can't live without my cell phone.  It is on 24 hours a day and right next to me at all times. I'd probably take it in the shower with me if it were waterproof(probably not what the Life Proof case is intended for).  I don't actually use my phone all the time...it's just nice knowin' I have it there if there is an emergency since my family is so far away.  Okay...I'm lying.  I'm addicted to Candy Blast Mania, so I have to use my phone to play.


11) This is my favorite number.


My 11 Questions Asked by Jamie:
1.  What is your favorite subject to teach? Readin'...hands down.  I just love it.
2.  What is your favorite thing to wear to work? Pajamas...no really, I live for pajama days!
3.  Who is your favorite children's author? Robert Munsch...he is hilarious and I love listenin' to his narrations of his books. Alligator Baby is probably my favorite.
4.  What do you like to do in your free time? Read, blog stalk, nap, run around in circles.
5.  Do you pefer movies or books? Books...all the way.  I do like to see the movie afterwards to compare the two.
6.  What is the perfect date night? Couch potato-ing
7.  How do you bring sunshine to someone else? Laughter...I enjoy makin' others laugh and am always up for a good time.
8.  How did you know that teaching was for you? I just ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher.  I definitely didn't do it for the money.
9.  What is your favorite just for fun activity you do at school? Play music and have dance parties with my kids.
10.  What is your favorite food? Mashed potatoes...yummiest food in the whole wide world.
11.  Would your rather:  Have a lazy quite day around the house or hang with family/friends? I'd rather have a lazy quite day around the house WHILE hangin' with family/friends...am I allowed to do this?

I nominate all of these bloggers that bring sunshine to my world:
Questions for my nominees...
1) How long have you been teachin' and what is your absolute favorite grade to teach? (I know that's two questions, but they go together)
2) If you had an opportunity to change one county, state, or national law about teachin', would you change anything?
3) Have you ever thought about teachin' abroad?  If so, where?
4) If you could go on a shoppin' spree for one day and buy anything you wanted(money would be no object), what would you buy?
5) What is your favorite "me time" activity to do?
6) What is one food that you could eat every single day and not get sick of?
7) What is your all time favorite children's book title and why should I read this book?
8) What is one app or piece of technology that you could not live without?
9) If you were in charge of your school for one day, what would you plan for that day?
10) What made you decide to start bloggin'?
11) Where should I go on vacation and what should I do there?

I can't wait to read everyone elses' responses!

10 comments :

  1. Congrats on your Sunshine award! Good onya!

    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post and love that you nominated me! You brought a huge smile to my face! I will play along some time this week. It has been CRAZY! We have our writing test tomorrow, tomorrow - AHHHHHH! They are ready and I am ready to be done with it! We also added 30 minutes a day to our school schedule to make up all those snow days - yep, we are making them up. Last week was conference week and hubs was out of town. So needless to say, I am TIRED! I have been sneaking in some blogs here and there but haven't been writing. Thanks for thinking of me, I will be posting soon! xoxo sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD LUCK on your writing test. I hope the kids knock it out of the park! 30 minutes extra a day? For how long??? Get some rest my sweet friend!

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your responses. Thanks for participating!!! You totally deserve the nomination!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie. You're the sweetest for nominating me!!! :)

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your responses. Thanks for participating!!! You totally deserve the nomination!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the perfect nominee! All your comments on my blog always bring me a little sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my sunshine...my only sunshine..you make me happy, when skies are gray!
    xoxo
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally convinced after reading this that we would totally be BFF's in real life!! I loved learning more about you!! Love ya!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!