Monday, August 10, 2015

I made it happen...one last post before school starts...

I didn't think I was goin' to be able to link up with my 
sweet friend Tara from 4th Grade Frolics this week.
I'm so very glad I was wrong.

It's not often that I admit I'm wrong...
you better write this date down somewhere.
LOL!

My first MMI has been 
in my mind for a long time
and I'm happy that I finally made it happen.

I picked up some bright 7 inch colored plates
at Dollar Tree (pink, yellow, green, blue, purple) and 
Walmart (tangerine) because
my vision was to put Scientific Method posters
on them.
My hope is to maybe entice my students
to quickly remember the steps.

I used these 
that I found free a few years ago while
I was blog surfin'.

I made 6 inch
circles on Powerpoint, typed up the info and printed.

*I am not offerin' these up for grabs because
this was not my original idea.
I just made it work for me personally
and have to give credit where credit is due.
I did give you a size hint though if you want
to make your own.



I also made my FAVORITE dessert
in the whole wide world...space included.
My Nitty and I used to make this when I was little.
It's seriously the easiest thing you could ever make
and it will disappear quickly.

*Another funny apron for you.  
It's true.


Golden Grahams, Vanilla Ice Cream and Hershey's Syrup.
Marshmallows are optional.


Directions:  
Take the bag of cereal out of the box...
Smoosh...smush? 
However you spell it...do that...
while the cereal is still in the bag.
Place about half of the cereal on the bottom 
of a casserole dish.
Squirt chocolate syrup EVERYWHERE.
Add marshmallows in there if you want 
to really make it a Smore's Delight.
*I personally don't love marshmallows in mine.
Start scoopin' ice cream on top of the cereal.
Place the rest of the cereal on top of the ice cream.
Squirt some MORE syrup.
Place in the freezer.
Eat as much as your heart desires...
because I said so.
If you don't love this...we can't be friends.

I also made a Homework board from Tara's 
mixed with her


*Homework in my class is readin' for pleasure
which I do on a trust basis...
and it works for ME.
Every class is different though.

Other homework might be...
Sharin' Class News with a parent,
gettin' your agenda signed, 
a quick "exit ticket" on Edmodo online, etc.
I just don't assign "traditional" homework.

I'd rather my babies spend extra time in class 
where they can enjoy some practice 
and I can give them 
immediate feedback.
This works better for us instead of usin'
that time to check homework.
It saves frustration from occurin'
at home...for students and parents....
and ME.

How will this work in my class this year?
Students will have to remove their number
if they do not do their "homework".
I will reward students whose numbers stay on the board.
I haven't decided yet if I will do it weekly or monthly.
Students will also earn "Behavior Bucks" for 
doin' their homework.

A long time ago I made a Pinterest board for
Video Shorts for Reading.
My awesomeness friend AMC from Elementary AMC
was really my inspiration for this because
she has an amazin' Pinterest board
Classroom Videos.
I LOVE usin' short videos in the classroom
to switch things up...and the kiddos do too!

When I saw that the talented, techy Cheryl from
Techie Turtle Teacher has
a weekly linky
Movie Clip Monday...
I knew I needed to contribute somethin'.


Ormie the Pig is one of my favorites.
I've even blogged about how I used this in a writin'
activity in my classroom.  Read HERE.



Monday really is the very BEST day for blog readin'!

Happy Monday, friends!

15 comments :

  1. That dessert looks AMAZING! It has all of my favorite things in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Frozen S'more Delight looks pretty good... though I'm already thinking of how to add more chocolate :) You could link this post with the recipe up with Deb at Not Very Fancy in First. She has been doing a cooking linky this summer. See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those plates! I bought some recently thinking I'd do something else, I may steal this one though!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you got to link up one more time because I heart reading your blog! Super cute idea with the scientific method! I would've never thought to use something as simple and pretty as plates! I love getting ideas from you! And that S'mores Delight?! Holy crap I must try it!

    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, great ideas!

    Yum! I think everyone in this house would love the S'mores dessert! I'm going to have to try it out!

    Happy Monday!

    Kelly
    A View Into My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um you must have known that I'm going on vacation up to northern mn this week and that I needed a dessert! You came to my rescue... perhaps I should try it out first at home this week before making it for the cabin... right??? And I love using paper plates for signage in the room... your Scientific Method display looks rockin'!!

    I'm so glad you were wrong about linking up today... made my day :)
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your idea for homework club! I don't assign traditional homework, either, and have been deciding how to incorporate homework club in my room as an incentive to stay on top of things. I enjoyed reading your post and will continue to think on it! Hope your year is great!
    Pam
    Come see me at P.J. Jots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am excited to implement this with my kiddos this year!!!

      Delete
  8. You little creatin' machine! I can see you've been working hard in your classroom. You must be starting school pretty soon. Have another bowl of frozen s'mores and enjoy those last days of freedom. ; )
    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dessert looks so good! I'm trying to lose a bunch of weight. . . but I still pinned it. Naughty!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Ormie, mostly cause I can identify, I would try that hard for a cookie : )
    Love the plates - that is a great idea as a way to display in your class with a pop of color!
    Hope your BTS is going well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dessert looks amazing!
    The scientific method plates look great too :-) That's such a genius idea, as I am TERRIBLE at cutting our circles!
    Sarah
    MissKinBK

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun is happening in your neck or the country!! That dessert looks delish! Good luck with your new school year :)
    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
  13. الحشرات هي كائنات حية تسكن المنازل وجميع المنشئات وتكثر بفصل الصيف وعند ارتفاع درجات
    الحرارة ويوجد منها انواع عديدة منها الصراصير والنمل والخنافس والسمك الفضي وغيرها من الحشرات
    كما يوجد انواع مختلفة اخري في الحدائق المنزلية مثلحشرة العث و القوارض والخنافس وغيرها من
    الحشرات و للحشرات العديد من الاضرار والمخاطر التي تصيب الانسان والمنشئة , ولذلك
    يسعي جميع الافراد من اجل التخلص من الحشرات بشتي الطرق
    شركة مكافحة حشرات ببريدة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بحائل
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقصيم
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!