Sunday, August 11, 2013

Monday Made It...Have you? & Mustaches...

It's Monday again and you know what that means....MONDAY MADE IT with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.  I am jumpin' up and down with joy that I'm able to get one more in before I officially start back tomorrow.
So, I had this bright idea when I was sittin' on my couch enjoyin' "nothin' time".  I have always had my students highlight their names and numbers before turnin' in work as an added step to make sure their name is actually on the paper.  I decided I wanted to take it a step further.  So, "Have you?" was born.
I have chosen to use only 5 steps in my classroom, but the document holds 17 different options to choose from.

Bought these little Photo Mats at Wally for $3.

Ribbon from Wally.


Have you?  (This is a black & white FREEBIE for Monday...please leave sweet feedback if you like this) Again, there are 17 choices to choose from.  I chose 5 that will work specifically for my kiddos.
1. Have you checked to make sure you have written your name and number?
2. Have you highlighted your name and number? 

3. Have you used your best handwriting?
4. Have you checked all of your responses to make sure they are completed?
5. Have you asked a friend to check over your work?

Finished product hangin' with my Finished & Unfinished hangin' files.  This is where I have my students turn in work and I walk by and grab it.

Another shot with the closet door closed.  I got these hangin' files at JoAnn Fabric several years ago, but can't find them again.  Does anyone have any ideas where I can get some new ones?
My other green one has pencil marks all over it from the kids turnin' in stuff with a pencil in their hands.
You can check out my recent Classroom Decor-round one post here if you want to see what else I've got goin' on in my room.

Grabbed this mustache bowl at Wally in the "party aisle'.  It was under $2.  I made some "Mustache Question" cards to put in the mustache bowl.


50+ Question Cards that I can pull out of the mustache bowl to spark some "Get to Know You" discussions.  I will probably do this whole group and then allow the students to lead this activity in a center as a group.  This could be a verbal or written activity.  Your choice!

My sweet friend, Amy, over at The Babbling Box made this and was kind enough to share it with me(Y'all seriously need to follow her blog.  She is hilarious and I get beyond giddy when I see she has posted somethin' new)!  I popped it in a 8 1/2 by 11 document frame from Wally.  I will be givin' this to Jerm so he can make sure I'm fed.  If left up to me, I'd blow up the kitchen.  Nobody wants that! 

Get your shine on! Everyone has these and I'm sure you're tired of seein' them, but mine have regular paint and then glitter paint on them.  I liked the glittery look for my Rockin' classroom.

Up close and personal the glittery "R".   Rose's Rockin' Readers will like the sparkle I'm sure.

Finished makin' Rockin' Behavior Beads Part Two.  Can't wait to see what everyone else has in store for Monday Made It!
 

31 comments :

  1. Love you glittery READ letters and that mustache bowl is adorable! Have You is a wonderful idea as well...I would use that if my kinders could read...lol! Great projects...:) I go back Tuesday although I will be there tomorrow anyway like I have been almost every day for a week...LOL! Have a great day back....Vicky
    Keep Calm and Imagine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicky. It's definitely crazy how fast the summer has flown by this year. I have only gone a couple of days for a little bit at a time. I'm sure I'll have to take a nap on my first "official" day back.

      Delete
  2. Love it all! The Have You? is perfect for my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You will have to make yours on polka dot & yellow paper. I bet it will look adorable!

      Delete
  3. This is great! I love the Have You? questions. I am going to try that in my room!

    Thanks!
    Kerry

    Flip Flopping To School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry! I can't wait to try it out with my kids. It's stuff I already say a million times, so maybe the visual will cut down on some of that.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I know my kids will get a kick out of the mustache questions. I have a couple more mustache activities planned for the first week since they enjoyed mustaches so much last year.

      Delete
  5. Everything is adorbs! I can't get over how cute that mustache bowl is, my boys from last year would have loved it! I'm totally joining you on your hunt for those hanging file holders- I LOVE those colors!
    PS- I totally spotted pretty toes! Love it!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used to sell them in black too! If you see any somewhere, let me know...please! I will love you long time!!

      Delete
  6. WOW I love it all!! Your glittery letters look great, love the menu made it is well. Right now I use a boring old photocopied page.
    I was also wondering, which font did you use on your mustache questions? I really like it!

    Heidi
    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's KG's Love Ya Like a Sister font. It's my favorite!

      Delete
  7. I found a pocket chart with 10 spaces for papers at Wal Mart in their back to school section. They also had one with 27 pockets that I bought as a place for the kids to turn in their homework. Maybe one of those would work for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! I saw those, but they weren't in my colors. I'm so OCD about that kind of thing! Maybe they've gotten something besides red since I was in there last time.

      Delete
  8. So many cute ideas! I am not sure where to start. Thanks for sharing.

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the same pocket chart at JoAnn's just last night, so they must still carry them. However try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on your chart. It usually takes out pencil marks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! I will have to go back to JoAnn's. I went up and down every aisle. Maybe since it's a brand new store they've gotten different stuff in. My old green one is starting to tear too, that's why I replaced it with a blue one I already had. I'd love to get black!

      Delete
  10. Am totally lovin' on your "Have You..." cards! So cute how you've displayed it too!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ali! I went back to school and it was still hangin'...so maybe it will stick for a while!!!

      Delete
  11. I am one of your newest followers. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
    Karen
    http://allsmilesin2ndgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That glitter makes all the difference girl! They look great! What a cute idea for "Have You"! I must go get those photo mats! Thanks for including store locations and prices! (I like to know that info!) :O)
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha, Joanne! Glitter makes EVERYTHING better!

      Delete
  13. I love all your creations! They all look fantastic! Want to come to PA and do my room for me? :)

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If today wasn't my "official" day back to school, I'd totally do it! We could switch spots!!!

      Delete
  14. First thank you for the shot out! Second I love your mustache bowl, I have absolutely no use for it and have a desire to go buy it right away. We do first week of school pictures and use fake mustaches to be silly, plus I just purchased mustache jewelry...I might have an addiction. I picked up my pocket charts at office depot and just spray painted them the color I wanted, I totally get the OCD thing of needing them to be the right shade/color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustache jewelry? I must see pictures of this. I truly had no use for the bowl either and I'm sure it will be destroyed in minutes. It's cheap, cheap!

      Delete
  15. I was going to comment on how I loved the HAVE YOU made it, and then I found the mustache bowl and screamed, NO WAY!!! That is super duper awesome!! Those mustaches are the IN thing.. I love it. AS much as I hate Wally World for how they treat their employees, I have to google these to see if I can find them, and if not.... ouchies!! I will have to run in!! Thanks for fabulous shares!!

    Susan

    LopezLandLearners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the SAME way about Wally, but Target was closed and Wally was closer! I def couldn't pass up that bowl!

      Delete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!