Friday, July 5, 2013

Here we go...

Yay, I'm up and runnin', o-fficially!  Thank you, thank you, thank you goes out to Misty and Erika at Honey Bunch Blog Design.  You have made me one happy blogger girl!
I have so many things swimmin' around in my head that I want to write about, and only a few more hours until Starbucks closes (my personal hotspot on my phone is hit or miss while I'm here in Georgia). When I walked into Starbucks tonight, I didn't know how to feel when they asked, "Do you want your regular two shots?" 1)Should I feel special they remember me? or  2) Do I have a serious Starbucks problem?  I should probably go with the latter.  I'm makin' a promise right now that when I get back home to Florida, I will never yell at my router again for takin' more than 2 seconds to load somethin'.
I've been busy gettin' my Teachers Pay Teachers store goin', launchin' a Facebook page, and signin' up for Bloglovin'; I'd LOVE for you to follow all three, pretty please.  Also, be sure to join this site on the right hand side where it says "Join this Site: Google Friend Connect".  The more the merrier!  I truly appreciate the feedback.
Even more excitin' news, today I got approved for a project on DonorsChoose.org that I wrote in hopes of earnin' an iPad mini for the students in my class.  One sweet family and an anonymous donor have already helped me raise $200 for the project.  Woohoo!  The really neat part is, DonorsChoose will MATCH every donation dollar for dollar for the first 7 days.  Anybody that chooses to donate MUST put in the code: INSPIRE for it to match the donation.  At this time, I only have $363 to go.  I hope a "donor fairy" comes along and helps us out! If you haven't taken the plunge and attempted to write your own project, you are missin' out for sure.  It is super easy and you only have to wait a few days for DonorsChoose to approve your project before it goes "live".   I had it on my "to-do-list" for ages and now I'm sorry that I didn't do it sooner.
Now only if I could write a project for more time in a day...that, my friends, would be terrific!

 

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the tip about Donors Choose. Congrats on getting off to a good start! I found your blog through Miss Nelson and am your newest follower!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin', Jennifer. You are the first official member that I haven't met in real life, so that makes you EXTRA special. I'm hoppin' over to your blog right now to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!