Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gettin' ready for Easter...Monday Made It...

Woot Woot...Monday Made It time!
I'm linkin' up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics.
Thanks, Tara!


I made a trip to Dollar Tree to get some
supplies for behavior as we get closer to Spring Break,
our state testing, and Easter.

I needed something to keep the kids excited and on track.

 I wouldn't suggest buyin' this sparkly grass.  
 It will NOT come off of your hands once you touch the grass.
I almost had a freak-out session because no matter how
hard I tried...it wouldn't get OFF me.
That was probably the most stressful five minutes of my life
that I have experienced in a long time.
I seriously almost cried because of this sparkly grass.
Imagine if I would've taken it in the classroom.
*shudders*

 I bought clear litte bowls to put on each table in my room.
No way was I attemptin' the grass...EVER AGAIN.
I have six tables.
Students work together to earn eggs for positive actions.

I took an old flower vase that I had under 
my sink to store the sparkly eggs.
Table groups can decide on which color they want 
to add to their bowls.
Keep one color, mix it up...their choice.

Tables that earn the most eggs at the end of the day
may choose from a large egg to earn a reward.
I had my kids help come up with the rewards.

 They got pretty creative with their choices.

They came up with 16 different ideas.
I put the Easter Rewards/Labels in my TpT store if anyone 
would like these.
They will be on sale until Friday.
There are also blank, editable ones if you want to make your own.

I bought these too...just because they were the same color
as my table groups, but I can't for the life of me
think of what I want to use them for.
Any ideas? 
Pointers?  Toothpicks?
Magic wands?  
Anyone?  Anyone?
Bueller?

You can find these in our Double Trouble TpT store.
These will also be on sale until Friday.
used the Spring Question Cards 
in her classroom here.
These are fun, quick instacards that can be used for
writin' or to spark discussions.

I also made a sequined Easter egg to start gettin'
ready for Easter.
I can't decide if havin' this many sequins to choose from
is super awesome or just plain sad.
I sure do love the sparkle!

I gave this one away to my sweet lil' friend, Morgan.
She loved it!
Want to learn how to make one?
Read here and here.

Be sure to head over to one of my other BBB,
 Jivey's blog at Ideas by Jivey
to enter her Feelin' Lucky?
Follower Appreciation & Birthday Giveaway.
This will end on Monday, March 17th at midnight.

Happy almost Monday, friends!
Be sure to check out the rest of the 
Monday Made Its and leave some love!

19 comments :

  1. I'm in love with the reward cards. I also like the idea of the new behavior eggs. I'm needing something to get me through spring. Your sequin eggs are so fun. I think it's pretty cool that you have that many sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I"m LOVING all your sequins! I think it is a good thing to have that many. How could having lots of pretty things ever be bad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those reward cards and all the fun ideas that come along with them:) Will be checking those out soon! Pretty sure I have to have them:) Thanks for linking up:) Super cuteness here!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea with the egg table points, lady! We have Spring Break next week, but after that I may seriously consider using your idea. Genius! :)

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We start on Friday at 2:00. I can't wait...I'm going to sleep for 24 hours straight!!!

      Delete
  5. You sure do love your sequins, huh? Wowee wow wow at that collection of yours.
    For those easter egg on a stick things, could they be a talking stick? Could they be an award to the person who is being "A good egg" at each group or in the class?
    I have that same easter bunny in your spring questions picture. My aide just finished mounting those question cards for me, and they're ready to laminate.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooooove all those sequins! I would never get anything done with so much sparkle around. And that sequined egg is so impressive! I wouldn't have the patience to do that--unless the sequins were ten times bigger and the eggs were a lot smaller! And I would shudder at that Easter grass too!

    Thanks for sharing such a fun post!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love all of your cute made-its! I love those egg pointers...my kiddies would love them for guided reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I can just see a fun game involving that pink grass! "Who can get the grass off their hands the quickest?" I can picture it now. Kids yelling at the grass to get off their hands...
    ~Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I threw that grass out this morning...and the yellow and green grass...unopened. No way was I going through that again.

      Delete
  9. Easter already??? You are killing me, lol. I love all your ideas. I bought the same little eggs, but didn't know what to do with them. I, almost, bought the grass -but decided against it. I'm glad I didn't buy it per your review, thanks. I think pointers would be adorable with the bigger ones. I guess I am stopping at the Dollar store on the way home from school today.

    Terri
    Kinder Princess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the cute Easter activities! I think it's great that you had the students choose the rewards. They are definitely more likely to take ownership of their actions when they have ownership of the rewards.

    Have a great week!
    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the reward idea! I would use the sticks for task cards - Flapjack learning has a few you can check out to see what I mean. Those sequin eggs remind me of some fruit projects my mom made when I was little! The pins brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah! That's a lot of sequins! You could bedazzle lots of things with that lot! With the eggs on the sticks, my first thought is to use them during group discussions as the talking sticks. Only the person with the egg can do the talking, so the rest of the students are forced to listen and consider their ideas rather than simply waiting for their turn to interject their own thoughts. This may not be an issue for you, but it's been an issue in every class I've taught. I always tell them waiting is not the same as listening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your egg behavior idea and the rewards your kids came up with are so creative!! The sequins are awesome!! Your endurance with that craft is so impressive because I remember starting one of these when I was a Girl Scout and never finishing it because it seemed never ending!! haha Guess I didn't get that badge....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Egg-cellent idea!! Totally stealing this idea!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for the kids to come up with the rewards!!! Love the sequin eggs. No, you don't have too many :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal! That's just what I needed to hear! :)

      Delete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!